A big advantage of QuickBooks Online vs Desktop is its calculation of sales tax based on the customer address, which is useful if you sell and ship products out of your state. While both can manage inventory, QuickBooks Desktop takes it one step further by allowing you to create inventory assemblies, which is great for manufacturing companies. It’s also preferable for budget planning since it lets users compare estimated and actual budget costs.
Where do I find my QuickBooks product key?
- Click the Company tab.
- Select My Company from the dropdown menu.
- On the right side under Manage Your Account. You'll see your license number along with the product key.
Vendor, customer, or employee details can be viewed by clicking on the appropriate tab while transactions can be initiated by clicking on the corresponding icon. If you’re interested Quickbooks Online 2020 in QuickBooks Desktop and are planning to work closely with an external bookkeeper, you might want to purchase QuickBooks Accountant Desktop for your accountant.
You’re our first priority.Every time.
Our unbiased reviews and content are supported in part by affiliate partnerships, and we adhere to strict guidelines to preserve editorial integrity. The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
In the next section, we will go into more detail about what is included in the four QBD versions. The needs of your business will determine which edition of QBO is ideal for you.
QBD product line
Navigation from the homepage is easy, with users able to access to features from the vertical menu bar to the left of the screen or by choosing one of the options available at the top of the screen. Tags are customizable labels that let https://wave-accounting.net/ clients track their money however they want to gain deeper insights into the business. You can add tags to money in and money out transactions, such as invoices, expenses, bills, and more to understand where you make and spend money.
- You’ll also discover tips, shortcuts, and best practices that will help you save time and become a QuickBooks pro.
- Besides being the overall best accounting service for small businesses that we’ve reviewed, QuickBooks Online Plus is also the most expensive.
- Each staff reviewer at Merchant Maverick is a subject matter expert with experience researching, testing, and evaluating small business software and services.
- By the end of this book, you’ll have become well-versed with the features of QuickBooks and be able to set up your business and manage all bookkeeping tasks with ease.
- This software also offers mobile mileage tracking, basic inventory tracking and both phone and online customer support.
- As part of ongoing bookkeeping, your bookkeeper categorizes your transactions and reconciles your accounts each month.
Now that we have a better understanding of the features included in the QBO and the QBD product lines, we’re going to dive into a few bookkeeping basics. While you don’t need an accounting degree or a bookkeeping background to use QuickBooks, you should be familiar with some basic bookkeeping terminology and key concepts. QBO is ideal for solopreneurs, freelancers, and mid-to-large-sized businesses with employees and 1099 contractors. 1099 contractors are also known as independent contractors, who you may hire to provide services for your business. Since they are not employees of the business, you must provide a 1099 form at the end of the year to any contractor you have paid $600 or more to in the calendar year. Click on All Sales, however, and the screen displays a multicolored bar across the top that gives you instant information about the status of your accounts receivable.
Discover key business insights with custom tags in QuickBooks Online
Potential customers must choose one option and will not have the 50% discount if they choose the 30-day free trial. Max Freedman is a content writer who has written hundreds of articles about small business strategy and operations, with a focus on finance and HR topics. He’s also published articles on payroll, small business funding, and content marketing. QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are entirely separate platforms that do not sync with each other. However, in addition to its mobile app, QuickBooks Online has a desktop app.